With the onset of the marriage season in Delhi, where numerous ceremonies are slated to take place, the Delhi Traffic Police has issued a comprehensive traffic advisory to assist residents and commuters in navigating the anticipated heavy traffic on specific roads in the city.
The official announcement from the Delhi Traffic Police’s Twitter handle emphasizes the need for caution, stating, “Due to the marriage season, some roads will experience a heavy volume of traffic. Kindly follow the advisory to avoid any inconvenience.”
Here is a list of roads where heavy traffic flow is expected during the marriage season:
- Mandir Marg
- NH-48 From Dhaula Kuan To Rajokri Flyover
- Palam Road
- Matadin Marg
- Bijwasan-Najafgarh Road
- Satguru Ram Singh Marg from Maya Puri Chowk to Lajwant Chowk
- Girdhari Lal Goswami Marg
- Najafgarh Road From Zakhira to Dwarka Mor
- Rama Road
- Road No. 28 Shivaji Place, Vishal Enclave, Raja Garden
- GT Road, Shahdara
- New Rohtak Road from R/A Punjabi Bagh to Nangloi Chowk
- Kanjhawala Road
- GT Karnal Road from Gurudwara Nanak Piao Sahib towards Mukarba Chowk and vice-versa
- Bhagwan Mahavir Marg from Madhuban Chowk towards Rithala Metro Station and vice-versa
- Bakhtawarpur Road from Shani Mandir, NH-44 to Palla Bakhtawarpur Chowk
- Najafgarh Firni Road
- Road No. 201, Dwarka from Palam Flyover to Raja Puri Red Light
- Dabri Palam Road
- NH-44 from Mukarba Chowk to Singhu Border
- Ring Road from Azad Pur to R/A Punjabi Bagh
- 100 Foota Road from T-Point Anuvrat Marg to Y-Point
- SSN Marg from T-Point Anuvrat Marg to Radha Soami Satsang, Bhati Mines
- Chattarpur Mandir Road from CDR Chowk to Y-Point
- Sonia Vihar, Pusta Road
- Gadaipur-Bandh Road
- Dera Mor road
- Mandi Road
- Anuvrat Marg from Ahinsa Sthal to Andheria Mor
- MG Road from Andheria Mor to Aya Nagar Border and vice-versa
- Aurobindo Marg from Dalip Singh cut to Lado Sarai
- Sham Nath Marg
- DBG Road from R/A Jhandewalan to PS Karol Bagh
- Loni Road, Shahdara
Alongside the list of roads, the Delhi Traffic Police has issued specific instructions for the general public to ensure a smooth traffic flow:
- Use Public Transport: Avail options like DTC Buses and Delhi Metro to help decongest roads.
- Designated Parking: Park vehicles only at designated parking lots.
- Avoid Roadside Parking: Refrain from roadside parking to prevent hindrance to normal traffic flow.
- Observe Traffic Rules: Have patience, observe traffic rules, road discipline, and follow directions of traffic personnel deployed at intersections.
- Plan Ahead: Plan journeys in advance to avoid inconvenience, considering the expected traffic surge during the marriage season.
The Delhi Traffic Police’s proactive approach aims to alleviate potential congestion and ensure a hassle-free experience for residents and visitors during the festive marriage season.