Customer Files FIR Against Salon After Suffering Skin Burns During Facial Treatment

Mumbai, 20th June 2023: A local beauty salon has come under scrutiny after a customer filed a First Information Report (FIR) against the establishment, alleging that she suffered skin burns and irreversible facial damage due to the use of potentially fake beauty products during her treatment.

The complainant, whose identity has not been revealed, visited the Glow Luxe salon located in Andheri’s Kamdhenu Shopping Centre on June 17 for a HydraFacial treatment, which cost her Rs 17,500. However, what should have been a relaxing and rejuvenating experience turned into a nightmare, leaving her with skin burns and permanent damage.

HydraFacial is a popular in-office medical treatment that aims to resurface the skin, eliminate impurities, and provide a soothing effect. Unfortunately, after undergoing the therapy, the woman experienced an intense sensation of heat and sought immediate assistance from a dermatologist. The dermatologist confirmed that she had sustained burns on her skin, resulting in irreversible damage as a consequence of the treatment.

Distressed by her condition, the customer sought the support of Prashant Rane, a local MNS corporator, to file an FIR against the salon. The Andheri police have registered a complaint in this case and are currently conducting an investigation to ascertain the facts.

The incident has garnered significant attention on social media, with many individuals sharing their own experiences and demanding stricter regulations to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future. This unfortunate event has sparked a broader discussion about the importance of consumer protection measures and the necessity of implementing robust safety protocols in the beauty and wellness industry.

Instances like these highlight the need for salons and beauty establishments to adhere to strict quality control standards, ensuring the use of genuine and safe products during treatments. Additionally, it underscores the significance of thorough training and certification for salon professionals to minimize the risk of such mishaps.

As the investigation progresses, it is hoped that this incident will serve as a catalyst for comprehensive reforms within the industry, prioritizing the well-being and safety of customers.

Share this article
Shareable URL
Prev Post

Community Fights to Protect Saplings in Gulmohar Park, Aundh, Pune, Amidst Threat of Construction

Next Post

Negligence Threatens Bird Population: Urgent Action Needed in Daund and Indapur Tehsils

Read next
Whatsapp Join