Pune: 10-year-old boy dies of electrocution, third incident in one month

Electric Shocks

Pune: A 10-year-old boy was electrocuted while playing with his friends near his house in Vadgaon Sheri on Wednesday (June 12). The victim has been identified as Mohit Vedkumar Chawra, a resident of Vadgaon Sheri.

The Chandan Nagar Police registered an accidental death case. According to the police, Mohit was playing with his friends near his house at around 9 pm. He accidentally touched the earthing wire. Since current was passing through it, Mohit was electrocuted and collapsed on the spot. His friends alerted his family members. He was rushed to hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the doctors.

Mohit’s father is a businessman. He was studying in Std IV. The Chawras hail from Gujarat and have settled in Pune for business. Mahadiscom officials visited the spot after the incident.

Third incident in a month

This is the third such incident in a month. A month ago, a school boy was electrocuted and died as he stepped into a water puddle, in which current was passing, in Hadapsar. A woman sanitation worker died of electric shock while cleaning a street when she contacted an exposed live wire in Balewadi.

Share this article
Shareable URL
Prev Post

Claims on charging customers for holding multiple SIMs, numbering resources ‘baseless’: TRAI

Next Post

‘The Battle of Chhuriyaan’ teaser raises anticipation of a gangster drama

Read next
Whatsapp Join