In preparation for the River Cyclothon scheduled on December 3 as part of the Indrayani River cleanliness initiative, the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, in collaboration with various organizations, has announced traffic diversion measures to ensure the smooth flow of the event and the safety of participants.
The cycling event, slated to run from 06:00 am to 10:00 am, will traverse through Bhosari, and Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic Branch, Pimpri Chinchwad City, Bapu Bangar, has issued provisional orders to manage traffic effectively during the event.
Traffic Diversion Details:
- Pune-Nashik Highway Restrictions: Vehicles heading towards Chakan from Babar Petrol Pump to Panjarpol Chowk on Pune-Nashik Highway will face an entry ban.
- Alternate Route: Vehicles from Babar Petrol Pump Chowk will redirect via Nashik-Pune Lane to reach Panjarpol Chowk.
- Ankushrao Landge Auditorium Access: Vehicles coming from Ankushrao Landge Auditorium to Dhawde Vasti on Pune-Nashik Highway will face an entry ban.
- Alternative Route: Vehicles will navigate a u-turn from Goodwill Chowk to reach Babar Petrol Pump.
- Krishnanagar Chowk to Spine Road Grade Separator: Entry for all vehicle types is restricted on this road.
- Alternate Route: Vehicles will reroute to Sardar Chowk via the Grade Separator route.
- Sardar Chowk to Kranti Chowk: Vehicles are prohibited on both sides of this route.
- Alternative Route: Vehicles will access their destination through other chowk routes.
- Krishnanagar Chowk to Spine Road Grade Separator (Second Entry Point): Entry for all vehicles is restricted.
- Alternate Route: Vehicles will reach their destination via the service road.
- Chikhli Overbridge to Kranti Chowk: Entry is banned for vehicles on this route.
- Alternative Route: Vehicles will access their destination through other routes from the overbridge.
- Spine Chowk to Anukul Chowk: All vehicle types are restricted on this route.
- Alternate Route: Vehicles will travel to their destination via MIDC Chowk.
- Anukul Chowk to Bhosari Fire Brigade Office: Vehicles are prohibited.
- Alternative Route: Vehicles will redirect from Nehru Nagar Hockey Stadium to reach their destination.
- Bhosari Fire Brigade Office to Gavjatra Maidaan: All vehicles are banned on this route.
- Alternate Route: Vehicles will travel to their destination via Bhosari Chandani Chowk.
These measures aim to facilitate a seamless River Cyclothon event, supporting both the participants and the general public in Bhosari.