In a significant development, Ratan Tata, the chairman emeritus of Tata Sons, recently showcased an electric version of the iconic Tata Nano at an event held at the Taj Hotel. This electric car, developed by the startup Electra EV, presents an affordable dream car for the common man, marking a potential shift in the electric vehicle landscape.
Tata Nano EV Specifications:
- 624 CC Engine: Retrofitted electric version based on the original petrol motor.
- Powertrain: Features a 72V super polymer lithium-ion battery.
- Impressive Range: Estimated to cover 160 kilometers on a full charge.
- Swift Acceleration: 0-60 km in just 10 seconds.
- Certified and Approved: ARAI and RTO certifications for reliability.
Despite the powertrain upgrade, the Tata Nano EV retains its original charm with minimal changes. With a focus on retrofitting services for the fleet segment, this electric Nano aligns with Tata’s commitment to sustainability and innovation.
Success of Electra EV:
The success of Electra EV is evident, with its powertrain utilized in 25 percent of all four-wheeler electric vehicles sold in the 2022 financial year. Ratan Tata’s personal involvement in launching Electra underscores the company’s dedication to providing powertrains, battery packs, and retrofitting services for EV vehicles.
As Ratan Tata takes an active role in this venture, speculation arises that an official electric version of the Tata Nano might soon hit the market, offering an affordable and sustainable option for the masses.